If you are here, you are preparing to start your first Crossrope Challenge. Welcome! We are so excited to have you!
In this article, we wanted to provide a few tips and resources to ensure you are not only successful, but you also have a fun, safe, and positive experience. Let's get started.
- Thank you to our Crossrope Athlete, Jennika for providing these helpful tips. Give her a follow on Instagram at @jennikalt and find her in the Jump Rope Community!
Tip #1: Modify, Modify, Modify!
- We are all at different parts of our fitness journey. If you want to substitute a different rope, type of jump, or body weight exercise, DO IT! No one is grading you and you definitely are not losing any points for modifying the workout. Allow the workout to meet you where you are at and always listen to your body and rest if you need.
Tip #2: Take It At Your Own Pace
- Do the challenges at your own pace. You do not have to complete the 10 day challenge in 10 days! As beginners, it is highly recommended to jump every other day for the first couple of weeks. Ease into jumping to prevent injury.
Tip #3: Keep It Simple
- You do not need to learn fancy jump rope tricks for fitness jumping. Learn a few different footwork skills (like alternative foot step or boxer step) that will really help you reduce your risk of repetitive impact type injuries. It will also allow you to jump longer and faster more comfortably, because you are changing up the impact points with different footwork.
Tip #4: Be Patient And Keep At It!
- Trips are ok! We are here for progress not perfection. You are still putting in the work & moving your body even if you trip up sometimes.
Catch your breath
Shake it off, and get back to it!
Tip #5: Reach Out!
- Our Crossrope Athletes and Jump Rope Fitness Community are here for support. If you need inspiration to keep going, reach out! If you are struggling with technique, reach out! If you are want to share your story, definitely reach out!
...and always remember
Be patient with yourself as you learn. Remember, we are all on our own jump rope journey with our own unique timeline! Don't compare yourself to other jumpers, but instead, use them for motivation and inspiration for setting goals on your jump journey.
Here are two sample workouts for you to practice and to get more familiar with the format. You can find more workouts on the Crossrope App, click on the Challenge tab, scroll to the bottom where you will find "Practice Workouts".
Each exercise below is done for the amount of seconds listed.